Tuesday 13 September 2011

Microtek ScanMaker 8700, ScanWizard Pro and OS X 10.6

After upgrading all the machines to 10.6.6, ScanWizard Pro 7.20 kept coming up with an "error -1" when the application was loaded up, and also an "error -30000" when we tried to initiate a scan. It obviously wasn't made for 10.6.

I updated to ScanWizard 7.62, but this couldn't find the ScanMaker 8700. It actually appeared in the scanner probe but wouldn't let you click on it. Quite frustrating!

So, I did a quick search for the problem and found this article by Microtek. They've got a work-around:

  1. Download and install ScanWizard 5
  2. Download and install the ScanMaker 8700 specific driver
It has to be done in this order for some reason. I also removed ScanWizard Pro 7 so there wouldn't be any confusion.

I also revised the tutorial on how to use the software. I'll put it on my next post

6 comments:

  1. Thanks! I found an 8700 being tossed (what a rich country) and you helped me get it going for 10.4 on my blue and white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! This was a tremendous help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really this usfull Nice Microtek Direct Blog .and good information.please Thanks for sharing this post.

    stabilizer for AC

    ReplyDelete
  6. On high Sierra (Mac os 10.13) VueScan does the job if I connect it via FireWire cable. It's a bit better than a basic 1200 dpi Printerscanner, but not very much

    ReplyDelete