Tuesday 27 March 2012

Adobe CS 5 updates for Deployment through ARD - Adobe Application Manager

So, I want to update Camera RAW on all the apple macs. How do I do this as the installer is a stupid .app file and not a nice PKG file. Well, you use the "Adobe Application Manager" of course!

So I just downloaded version 2.1. Interestingly their installer for it is also an .app file!!

Well, I can't believe it but it is unbelievably easy to make a pkg file. My only thought is why they need to give you the application to do it. Can't they host it on their site?

Anyway, I took some screenshots, although it is very self-explanitory:

A little note:
I came back to this recently and found Adobe Application Manager had trouble loading up. I later found the correct Application Manager to load up is in Directory:

/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/OOBE/PDApp/core/Adobe\ Application\ Manager.app, which might not be very obvious!!




No comments:

Post a Comment