Tuesday 27 March 2012

Problems with HP Scan Pro app with Scanjet 4370

Well, we have a computer suite with OS X 10.6.6, and 4 x HP Scanjet 4370. Just recently we've been having random troubles. It seems sometimes, when an active Directory user logs in and tries to use the HP Scan Pro App, when the scanner has scanned and is about to save the scan, it crashes!

After this point the scanner needs to be switched off and back on again.

I initially thought it was a problem with saving to an SMB share and did actually find an entry in the logs:
smb_maperr32: no direct map for 32 bit server error 10.6

I found a few forums which mentioned changing the file smb.conf but this was for OS X 10.5 and below.

I finally gave up and found the latest HP Scanner application -> HP Scan 2.4.4

This looks a lot different, but I didn't have any trouble with it. One annoying point is that it the install file isn't a standard pkg or mpkg file, but does contain them! As it was only 9 machines to install, I just did it the 'old school' way.

Here's the tutorial I made for it

No comments:

Post a Comment