Thursday 7 March 2013

iPad 3 apple logo on black screen cycle

A friend brought his iPad round. It was constantly switching on, showing the apple logo on black background, going slightly grey for a split second and then switching off.

Holding down the power button did nothing.

Holding down the power button and front button put it in "Connect to iTunes" mode. If you leave it for more then a minute not connected to itunes it begins its' cycle again.

Connecting to iTunes asks if you want to reset to factory defaults. Clicked 'yes' and it's downloading the update as I type.

When it was updating/reseting the ipad it came up with error 1611. After looking into it I found this help page on Apples website describing possible reasons:

  1. Security software problem
  2. Hardware fault

I concluded that it was a hardware fault. Taking it back to apple store.

....

took it to Apple Store and was replaced - hardware failure

1 comment:

  1. Good Day I Am So Happy I Found Your Website, I
    Found You By Mistake, While I Was Searching On Aol For
    Something Else, Anyhow I Am Here Now And Would Just Like To Say Many Thanks For
    A Remarkable Post And An All Round Entertaining Blog
    I Don’t Have Time To Read It, All At The Moment But I Have BookMarked It
    And Also Added In Your RSS Feeds, So When I Have Time I Will Be Back To Read More,
    Please Do Keep Up The Fantastic Job. You can also check; There was a Problem Downloading the Software for the iPhone

    ReplyDelete